Terms and conditions are in place for any hire big or small, a copy of the terms and conditions will be sent to you on booking a hire along with a copy of your invoice.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- From here in, the following terms are defined as follows:
- "Hirer" - The individual, company or organisation that has entered into a Hire Agreement for the supply of Equipment from the Owner.
- "Owner" – JB Sounds
- "Equipment" - Items of sound, lighting, video or other technical apparatus, be they electrical items or otherwise, supplied by the Owner to the Hirer in terms of the Hire Agreement.
- "Hire Agreement" - The agreement for the supply of the Equipment by the Owner to the Hirer as set out below and on our website: jbsounds.co.uk
- Payment for the hired Equipment is due in two parts: Deposit payment and remaining payment.
- A non refundable deposit payment is due to secure the booking, hire bookings under £200 a £50 deposit is due. Hire bookings over £200 a 25% deposit is due.
- By paying the deposit you are agreeing to the terms and conditions of the hire.
- Full payment/remaining balance of the hire is due 7 days before the hire date. If payment is not received before the hire date, the hired Equipment will not be delivered.
- Where the Hirer cancels a confirmed booking the Owner reserves the right to charge a cancellation fee.
- If cancelled within a week of the hire, 50% of the full hire charge will be payable.
- Any times of delivery given shall be regarded as an estimate only and the Owner accepts no liability for delays incurred in the execution of this service by whatsoever cause or for any losses incurred as a result of such delays.
- Delivery/collection of Equipment is to/from the desired location of Equipment use. All Equipment is set up and broken down fully by the Owner as standard; this is not an optional extra and must be executed in full by the Owner or appointed engineer. The Owner accepts no responsibility for any injury or loss to persons or property if the hirer assembles or disassembles any Equipment.
- The Equipment remains the property of the Owner at all times.
- The Hirer assumes full responsibility for the Equipment once it has been left by the Owner until the Owner returns to collect the Equipment.
- The Hirer shall indemnify the Owner for any damage and/or loss to the Equipment regardless of the cause. The cost of repair/replacement will be payable within 14 days of the invoice received.
- The Hirer or anyone acting for or on behalf of the Hirer shall not modify the Equipment in any way.
- The Owner shall not be made liable for any damage caused to Equipment not supplied by the Owner by the Hirer and/or their employees or agents connecting such Equipment to the Equipment supplied by the Owner and/or a third party appointed by the Owner.
- The Hirer shall ensure that the use of the Equipment will only be carried out by properly trained and competent personnel. The Owner accepts no liability in respect of damage to personnel or property whilst the Equipment is on hire to the Hirer.
- All Equipment is checked before the Owner leaves the equipment on the premises of the hirer. In the event of a defect, however, the Owner's liability shall be limited to replacing and/or repairing the defective component. The Owner shall not be held liable for any damage or defect caused by negligent handling other than by its staff or agents or for any damage to the Equipment resulting after delivery.